Thursday, August 21, 2008

Chapter 5

New Jersey.

Jon sighed and sat down on the couch next to Richie. "You okay man?" Richie asked "yeah and no..." Jon said dropping his hands into his face. Richie looked at Jon concerned. Just then Jon started to hum a most beautiful melody, he dashed out of the room and down to where is grand piano was. Richie looked confused, then decided to follow him.

When he got into Jon's music room, where he kept all his instruments, he heard Jon playing the melody, which he (Jon) was humming. "That's beautiful..." Richie said sitting down and staring at Jon. "It's about Stephanie." Jon said smiling and looking at the picture he had of her with him on his wall. "That explains where the beauty comes from then..." Richie mumbled. "I'm calling it...'Let Us Describe Stephanie' I realised today how hard the divorce was on her...." Jon said frowning. Richie frowned "she'll be fine man...she's really tough" Jon noded in agreement then finished his melody. "Play it tonight" Richie told Jon. "play it?" Jon asked slightly confused. "Play the melody you just wrote...about Stephanie! It will be a GREAT way to make up for missing her birthday" Richie said with a smile. "You know what..I think I will" Jon said smiling back, then looking at the photo again, then he smiled even more.

At the VERY end of the concert.


Jon went over to David "can I use the piano for a few minutes?" he asked "sure go ahead" David said standing up and out of Jons way. Jon fixed the mic, "I wrote this melody today about my daughter Stephanie....." then Jon looked over to where his children were seated. He saw Stephanie smiling, and he saw his boys looking jelously at their sister. Jon laughed quitely to himself. "Steph...come up here to me." Jon said calling her over. Stephanie widened her eyes and shook her head. Jon laughed again, he stood up and went over to her. "dad....what if the press take my photo??" Stephanie asked looking worried. "Ah...one minute" Jon said walking back out on stage. "I want the press to put ALL their cameras on the ground....I do NOT want my daughter's picture in the papers. If one of you even touch your cameras I will have security confiscate the camera. Capische?" He said looking VERY serious. Every single person from the press lay their camera's on the ground. "Thank you" Jon said smiling at them, then he walked over to Stephanie and pulled her up on stage. He sat her down next to him. "you can play harmony if you want." Jon whispered to Stephanie. "Okay..i'll think of something..." she said smiling back.

Jon started to play the beautiful melody. Stephanie started quickly made up a harmony for the song. (Note from author: Jon didn't REALLY write a melody for Stephanie..well that we know of.
http://collect.myspace.com/music/popup.cfm?num=0&time=undefined&fid=308643481&uid=1&t=Z9xTalURu/Cw/tuW01ZUw95JXlA5HZ3FcBqxCYrYFyTO61aalzYyw6objBjwgApgMJsJlFZVoTjqtiE/Ig==d=MzA4NjQzNDgxXjEyMDU2MjAwNjY=
Click on the one which is called Let Us Describe Alice. That is what I imagine the song to be)


When Jon and Stephanie finished playing, the crowd went crazy, they LOVED it!

5 comments:

Scarlett said...

I just found your story on the topix site and I'm loving it! I especially love the "jon as a dad" parts. Can't wait for more!
~Rachel

richiesambora said...

I found the link to your story on Alina's blog.
And like Rachel I'm loving it.

I just wonder what happened between the end of chapter 4 and the beginning of chapter 5.

Hope you are going to tell us about it. ;-)

I hardly can wait for the next chapters.
Andy

Anonymous said...

Found your story and love it!

Keep on writting, can`t wait for more!

Highwaygirl

alicefayenjbj said...

I am so glad I read topix again this morning! Beautiful story! You actually see the man when you read it!

Edward Cullen, I have never heard of him, but the music is beautiful!

Alice Faye

Stephanie said...

Edward Cullen is a fictional charactor in the book series Twilight.
They are not really composed by him.